Ph.D. thesis: “Distributed methods for power system optimization”.
Supervisor: Prof. Elena Gryazina
Co-supervisor: Prof. Janusz Bialek
Sajjad has finished his bachelor in Electrical Engineering at Guilan University, Iran (2015) and his master of Electrical Engineering (power systems) at University of Mohaghegh Ardabili, Iran (2018), where he defended his thesis successfully titled “Optimal sizing and energy dispatch of distributed generation sources considering demand response”. At Skoltech Sajjad’s focus of research is on distributed methods for power system optimization. In his current project, he works on further investigation of distributed methods for power system state estimation (SE). SE is an essential part of the current power system. The significant benefits of SE are the estimation of network parameters based on redundancy in measurements, bad data and topology error detection, estimating meter measurements for missing or delayed data.
List of papers:
1) Sharma, Mandeep, R. K. Bansal, Surya Prakash, and Sajjad Asefi. “MVO Algorithm Based LFC Design of a Six-Area Hybrid Diverse Power System Integrating IPFC and RFB.” IETE Journal of Research (2018): 1-14.
2) Dejamkhooy, Abdolmajid, and Sajjad Asefi. “Optimal fractional order control of wind turbine pitch angle by considering probabilistic wind model.” International Journal of Renewable Energy Resources 7.2 (2018): 20-27.
3) Dejamkhooy, Abdolmajid, and Sajjad Asefi. “Optimal Parameter Estimation of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor by Using Moth-Flame Optimization Algorithm.” International Journal of Electrical and Electronic Systems Research, 2018.
4) Hossein Shayeghi, Sajjad Asefi, Elnaz Shahryari, Rashid Dadkhah Dolatabad, “Optimal Management of Renewable Energy Sources Considering Split-Diesel and Dump Energy”, International Journal on “Technical and Physical Problems of Engineering” (IJTPE), March 2018, Issue 34, Volume 10, Number 1, Pages 34-40.
List of conferences:
1) Sajjad Asefi, Mazhar Ali, Elena Gryazina, “Optimal Energy Management for Off-Grid Hybrid System using Hybrid Optimization Technique”, 2019 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe (ISGT-Europe), Romania, 2019
2) T. Amara, S. Asefi, O. Adewuyi, M. Ahmadi, A. Yona, and T. Senjyu, “Technical and economic performance evaluation for efficient capacitors sizing and placement in a real distribution network”, 2019 17th IEEE Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD), Malaysia
3) Adel Akbarimajd, Sajjad Asefi, Hossein Shayeghi, “Using Jaya Algorithm to Optimal Tuning of LQR Based Power System Stabilizers”, 2nd IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Applications, China, Sep 11, 2017
4) Sajjad Asefi, Hossein Shayeghi, “Optimal energy management in a microgrid applying renewable sources and demand response”, The 5th Iranian Conference on Renewable Energy and Distribution Generation (ICREDG2017) March 8, 2017
5) SeyedJalal SeyedShenava, Sajjad Asefi, “Tuning Controller Parameters for AGC of Multisource Power System using SCA Algorithm”, 6th International Conference on Electrical, Computer, Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering (ICE2017), Dubai, Emirates February 9, 2017
6) HeidarAli Shayanfar, Hossein Shayeghi, Sajjad Asefi, Abdollah Younesi, “Design of Optimal PID Controller Using Jaya Algorithm for Frequency Stabilizing in an Isolated Wind-Diesel System”, 12th International Conference on Technical and Physical Problems of Electrical Engineering, At Bilbao, Spain September 2016
7) Hossein Shayeghi, Sajjad Asefi, Abdollah Younesi, “Frequency Deviation Improvement of a Hybrid Micro-Grid System Containing Wind Turbine and Controllable Load Using Fractional Order PID”, International Conference on Sustainability, Green Buildings, Environmental Engineering & Renewable Energy (SGER 2016), At Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia December 8, 2016
8) Hossein Shayeghi, HeidarAli Shayanfar, Sajjad Asefi, Abdollah Younesi, “Optimal Tuning and Comparison of Different Power System Stabilizers Using Different Performance Indices Via Jaya Algorithm”, International Conference on Scientific Computing (CSC), Las Vegas, USA July 28, 2016.