CENTER FOR ADVANCED STUDIES (below, CAS) of the Skolkovo Insitute of Science and Technology (below, Skoltech) in Moscow, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Physics.
The job involves:
- joining one of our research groups within the Center in performing high-quality research;
- pursuing independent research in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics in parallel with working on joint projects with faculty members and researchers of CAS and Skoltech as a whole;
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals;
- participating in organization of the events and other contribution to the development of CAS;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required
- a PhD (or equivalent, including Russian Candidate of Science degree) from a research university in such fields as: Mathematics, Theoretical Physics;
- a strong background and an established research record in Mathematics or Mathematical Physics;
- ability to work in a team;
- fluent English.
Appointments will be normally made for two years.
Precise hiring conditions may be formalized in the process of personal communication.
A CV, research statement and two letters of recommendation should be submitted by e-mail to
Please note that the deadline for submitting applications was extended.
The deadline: June 1, 2019.