Ph.D. thesis: “Online algorithms for the demand response”.
Supervisor: David Pozo
Arman has completed a Master of Science degree at Sharif University of Technology, and a Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Tehran, Iran. Also, He had the chance to work at NRI research center in Tehran, Iran in power systems consulting department. During this period, he worked with different software to analyze transmission grids from power flow to reliability and got to learn more about transmission networks planning. He also spent one year as a consultant at MONENCO company in Iran, where he was able to participate in different projects gaining insight on other aspects of power systems. His research interest includes analyzing the impact of EVs on the reliability of grids, integrating distributed energy resources into markets and virtual power plants. Currently, he is working on the online algorithms for demand response programs.
List of papers:
1) Farrokhifar, Meisam, Farid Hamzeh Aghdam, Arman Alahyari, Ali Monavari, and Amin Safari. “Optimal energy management and sizing of renewable energy and battery systems in residential sectors via a stochastic MILP model.” Electric Power Systems Research 187 (2020): 106483.
2) Arman Alahyari, David Pozo, Meisam Farrokhifar “A hybrid-uncertainty-based offering strategy for virtual power plants”, IET Renewble Power Generation, 2020. (accepted)
3) Alahyari, Arman, Mahmud Fotuhi-Firuzabad, and Mohammad Rastegar. “Incorporating customer reliability cost in PEV charge scheduling schemes considering vehicle-to-home capability.” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 64, no. 7 (2015): 2783-2791.
List of conferences:
1) Arman Alahyari and David Pozo, “Online Demand Response for End-User Loads,” IEEE PES PowerTech 2019 Conference, Milan, Italy, Jun. 2019.
2) Hamed Farhadi, Leyla Mokhtari, Meisam Farrokhifar, Arman Alahyari, and David Pozo, “Power Management of Electric Vehicle Equipped with Battery and Supercapacitor Considering Irregular Terrain,” Proceedings of the 1st IEEE International Youth Conference on Radio Electronics, Electrical and Power Engineering (IEEE REEPE 2019), MPEI, Moscow, Russia, March 14-15, 2019.
3) Hamed Farhadi, Leyla Mokhtari, Meisam Farrokhifar, Arman Alahyari, and David Pozo, “Capacity Value of Variable-Speed Wind Turbines,” IEEE PES PowerTech 2019 Conference, Milan, Italy, Jun. 2019.
4) Hamed Farhadi, Ahmad Sadeghi Yazdankhah, Mohammad Reza Azizian, Meisam Farrokhifar, and Arman Alahyari. “Impact Assessment of Installed Photovoltaic on Fuel Cell Hybrid Electric Vehicle Considering Fast Identification of Power Changes.” In 2020 International Youth Conference on Radio Electronics, Electrical and Power Engineering (REEPE), pp. 1-6. IEEE, 2020.
5) Nasiri, Mojtaba, Behdad Faridpak, Meisam Farrokhifar, and Arman Alahyari. “Optimal Capacitor Allocation in Sub-Transmission Networks to Mitigate Overloading Considering Harmonic Resonance.” In 2020 International Youth Conference on Radio Electronics, Electrical and Power Engineering (REEPE), pp. 1-4. IEEE, 2020.