Ph.D. thesis: “Polymer vesicles with magnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications using magnetic hyperthermia”.
Supervisor: Prof. Gleb Sukhorukov
IDC committee members: Prof. Gleb Sukhorukov, Prof. Keith Stevenson, Prof. Alexander Korsunsky
Zhanna graduated with honors from Lomonosov Moscow State University in 2017 getting a bachelor’s degree in Acoustic and in 2019 getting a master’s degree in Polymers and Crystals. Her diploma research was dedicated to the study of green chemistry application, more specifically, supercritical fluids and biphasic systems under high pressure for purification of natural polymer – bacterial cellulose which is considered to be a perspective material for biomedical applications. At Skoltech Zhanna works with various polymer systems such as layer-by-layer polymer capsules, polymer chambers, micropelmeni and so on. Her research aims to discover what type of biocompatible magnetic nanoparticles in which type of polymer vesicles works best for magnetic hyperthermia of normal and cancer cells that are formed into spheroid – a demonstrative model of real tissue. This work requires plenty of experimental work and understanding the physics of processes from nano to macroscale to adjust properties of investigated materials. This work will be helpful in cancer treatment since currently chemotherapy is highly damaging and regular magnetic hyperthermia has such flaws as a need for plenty of magnetic nanoparticles material to be effective which, therefore, leads to a high load on the body to process it.
List of papers:
- Mikhail N. Zharkov, Ekaterina P. Brodovskaya, Oleg A. Kulikov, Elena V. Gromova, Valentin P. Ageev, Aleksandra V. Atanova, Zhanna V. Kozyreva, Alexander M. Tishin, Alexander P. Pyatakov, Nikolay A. Pyataev, Gleb B. Sukhorukov. Enhanced cytotoxicity caused by AC magnetic field for polymer microcapsules containing packed magnetic nanoparticles. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. Volume 199, 2021, 111548
- L. Krishna Bharat, Harishkumarreddy Patnam, Zhanna V. Cherepanova, Jae Su Yu. The effect of Sn doping on the optical properties and thermal stability of rare-earths-doped Na3Gd(VO4)2 double vanadate materials. Ceramics International. Volume 46, Issue 15, 2020, p. 24443-24448
- Cherepanova Zh.V., Kryzhanovsky M.A., Tsysar S.A., Sapozhnikov O.A. “Applying the effect of radiation pressure to measure the energy loss of an ultrasonic beam as it passes through a solid-state layer located in a liquid” in the journal “Scholarly notes of Faculty of Physics of Moscow University”, 2017, № 5, p. 1750304-1-1750304-4
- Cherepanova Zh.V.“The use of radiation force applied to an extended absorber to measure acoustic losses during the passage of an ultrasonic beam through a solid-state layer”, collection of theses for the XXIV international conference “Lomonosov-2017″, Moscow, 2017, p. 486
- Cherepanova Zh.V., Sapozhnikov O.A., Tsysar S.A., Kryzhanovsky M.A. “The use of radiation force applied to an extended absorber to measure acoustic losses during the passage of an ultrasonic beam through a solid-state layer” in the “Collection of works of the 2nd All-Russian Acoustic Conference and the 30th session of the Russian Acoustic Society”, 2017, p. 677-684
List of conferences:
- Scientific conference “Lomonosov’s readings”, Moscow, 17-26 April 2017, oral session
- 2nd All-Russian Acoustic Conference and the 30th session of the Russian Acoustic Society, Nizhny Novgorod, 6-9 June 2017, oral session
- 17th European Meeting on Supercritical Fluids (EMSF 2019) – 7th European Meeting on High Pressure Technology, ITQUIMA, Ciudad Real, Spain, 8-11th of April 2019, oral session