Lab.3 Mechanical Testing Lab
- Development and identification of constitutive material models
- Development and support of experimental methods for verification of virtual multiscale simulation models of structural materials and subcomponents
- Experimental provision of certification of advanced performance structures
- Support of Skoltech educational programs
- Service testing lab
- Current collaborative research and industrial projects
- Multiscale experimental analysis of failure mechanism at rocks in collaboration with Skoltech Center for Hydrocarbon Recovery
- Experimental strength analysis of carbon nanotube fibers (CNTF) in collaboration with Skoltech center of Photonics & Quantum Materials
- Experimental analysis of fatigue strength of carbon reinforced plastic fiber composites and structural subcomponents under contract with Institute of New Carbon Materials and Technologies at MSU M.V. Lomonosov (INUMIT)
At September 2016 CDMM testing lab was certified for ISO 9001 quality management system.
The lab is under process of accreditation by Federal Accreditation Service (Rosakkreditatsiya) and Russian Maritime Register of Shipping.
- Available tests
- Testing machine characteristics and available test standards
High-resolution displacement/strain measurement system DIC VIC-3D