Lab 4. Cyber Physical Systems
Researchers in the Center will develop new fundamental mathematical approaches, computational methods and software that are both broadly applicable and solve specific problems of Advanced Manufacturing.
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Life-Cycle Data Management
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Quality Management
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Model Based Enterprise Engineering within PLM
- Siemens PLM Digital Enterprise
- Siemens PLM tools and system modules (LMS Simulation and Testing Solutions, CAD, NX CAE, CAM)
- PLM Best Practices and knowledge sharing around solutions and products
- Product Development System Optimization
- A software platform providing advanced data analysis, predictive modeling and multidisciplinary optimization mathematical methods packaged in an easy-to-use graphical software environment for product development
The Laboratory will focus on
- Model-based Enterprise Engineering system and tools with applications for digital manufacturing sectors of the economy
- Development of a comprehensive tool-kit and integration of modeling systems for the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process phases and for particular applications
- Multi-scale modeling methods including discrete and continuum models, for modeling, characterizing, and controlling high-dimensional nonlinear dynamical systems applicable for digital manufacturing sectors of the economy
- Model order reduction for exploiting low-dimensional mathematical structures in high-dimensional problems.
- Fast solvers to satisfy the need for fast algorithms for large-scale design optimization of engineered materials to optimally achieve desired system performance
- Processes of PLM systems introduction and their tool-kit applications: methodology of the efficiency estimate and best practice
- Application of robotics for manufacturing within PLM processes and systems
- Additive Manufacturing (software side): development of specific applications/modules for PLM/CAD/CAE/CAM software systems.
Industries: manufacturing, new materials, aerospace, etc.
Industry partners: United Space Rocket Corporation, Center for Additive Manufacturing / Voronezhselmash (Grant 1.4)