On the 22th of June 2022, as part of the Photonics Seminar Series, we will have the pleasure to have CPhSE member Dr. Anatoly Abalymov discuss “Synthesis and application of polymer-base composite materials for tissue engineering, delivery of cells and bioactive molecules“. He will present the possibility of using pure components (organic and inorganic) for tissue engineering, regenerative medicine, and drug delivery, as well as component materials. The event will be hosted in person at the new campus and on-line on Microsoft Teams.
When: On the 22th of June 2022 at 17:00 MSK time
Where: New campus room E-B2-3006 / Microsoft Teams
About the speaker:
Dr. Abalymov Anatoly – Ph.D., Center for Photonic Science and Engineering researcher, has more than 30 publications in total. Participated in the implementation of mega-grants and RSF grants, starting from 2015, as an executor and was responsible for conducting work in cell and tissue engineering. In 2021, he received a Ph.D. in Bioscience Engineering from the University of Ghent, Belgium.
Dr. Abalymov’s current research interests include various applications of polymer-based composite biomaterials for tissue engineering and drug delivery, a study of the penetration of nanosized carriers into 3D cell structures, organ-on-chip systems, cellular therapy, and cellular mechanotransduction.
-as a platform for the delivery of drugs and their behavior as a crystal inside the cell,
– as an artificial intracellular compartment to create three-dimensional tissue-engineered structures with improved properties,
– as a template for creating polymeric magnetic microcapsules, their subsequent use in cell therapy.
2) Use of thermally annealed polymer hydrogels
-as platforms for tissue engineering purposes,
– as non-toxic matrix for cells to enhance the signal of RAMN-microscopy,
3) Study the critical parameters of composite hydrogels for their application in tissue engineering.