The school brings together the world leading experts in the fields of photonics, emerging technologies and applications and early stage researchers. The school will cover a broad spectrum of problems across areas of photonics, and will offer students and researchers the opportunity to exchange ideas, establish new contacts, and gain inspiration from leading professionals working at the cutting edge of photonic science and technology. The key topics of the school include laser science and technology, fibre-optics, photonic materials and meta-materials, telecommunications, multi-photon bio-imaging, nonlinear photonics for quantum technologies, sensing, spectroscopy, solitons, mid-IR technology and other themes.
The first Nonlinear Photonics summer school took place in 2017 in Perm in the framework of the all-Russian conference on fibre optics. The second Nonlinear Photonics summer school was organised by Novosibirsk State University in Akademgorodok in 2018.
The school programme is built around comprehensive review talks delivered by the specialists in the corresponding areas of photonics and related fields. Lectures will have a balanced mix of fundamental theory, experiment and applications. The invited speakers will deliver one-hour lectures over period of 6 days. We aim to select up to 40 early stage researchers, both PhD students and post-doctoral researches.
The school is co-sponsored by the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech), Novosibirsk State University (NSU), and Russian Science Foundation (grant agreement № 17-72-30006).
1. F. Kueppers (Skoltech) – school co-director
2. I. Gabitov (University of Arizona, Skoltech) – school co-director
3. K. Turitsyn (Aston University, NSU) – school co-director
5. A.Redyuk (NSU, Institute of Computational Technologies)
1. F. Kueppers (Skoltech)
2. I.R. Gabitov (University of Arizona, Skoltech)
3. M.P. Fedoruk (NSU)
4. A. Redyuk (NSU, Institute of Computational Technologies)
5. S.K. Turitsyn (Aston University, NSU)
6. S.A. Babin, (Institute of Automation and Electrometry, NSU)
7. V.A. Burdin (Povolzhskaya State Academy of Telecommunication and Informatics)
8. V.P. Drachev (Skoltech, University of North Texas)
9. L.A. Melnikov (Saratov State Technical University)
10. I. Isaenko (NSU)
11. N.N. Rosanov (Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics University, Vavilov State Optical Institute)
12. S.L. Semenov (Fiber Optics Research Center)
13. Shelemba (Inversia-Sensor)
14. A.B. Taychenachev (Institute of Laser Physics, NSU)
15. V.B. Tsvetkov (A.M Prokhorov General Physics Institute)
16. A. M. Zheltikov (Moscow State University, Russian Quantum Center, Texas A&M University)
1. N. Kondrashova(Skoltech)
2. E. Padalitsa (Skoltech)
3. S. Zubova (NSU)
Programme includes a poster session. If you intend to display a poster during the summer school, please indicate this in the registration form.
The registration fee will be €50 for students and €200 for other participants. The fee covers the school activities and coffee breaks. There is no fee for the invited speakers.
The school will be held at the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology new campus, Bolshoy Boulevard 30, bld. 1 (conference room E-B4-3007, 3rd floor) Skolkovo Innovation Centre, Moscow.
Email for contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org